It’s easy to see why the wedge salad is so addictive: there’s nothing better than crispy bacon, creamy dressing, tart tomatoes and cool lettuce. Here, we sub the wedge of romaine for a simpler base of refreshing Crispy Leaf while maintaining all of the classic flavors you know and love.More about Sue
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces (about 1/4 cup) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons, finely sliced Bowery Parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bowery Crispy Leaf, 4.0 oz
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Bowery Basil leaves
- Place bacon in a single layer in a medium saute pan and cook over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the edges are crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, cool, and crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir in blue cheese and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Build the salad in layers: spread 1 layer of Crispy Leaf, top with a few cherry tomato halves, a few slices of red onion, a few basil leaves, some bacon crumble, and a spoonful of dressing. Repeat.