Once you have smoked paprika in your pantry, you can add a hint of smoky flavor to almost any dish. It works particularly well to balance out the sweetness of roasted butternut squash. Bowery Crispy Leaf adds a refreshing crunch underneath to complete the trifecta of sweet, smokey, and cool.More about Sue
- 1 small butternut squash, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces (or 4 honeynut squash, peeled, cored, and halved lengthwise)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bowery Crispy Leaf, 4.0 oz
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Whisk together garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Add squash and toss to coat. Transfer the squash mixture to a sheet pan and roast until browned on all sides and tender, about 25 minutes, flipping halfway. Let cool slightly.
- Toss Crispy Leaf with lemon juice and remaining olive oil and transfer to a platter. Top with roasted squash and large shavings of parmesan.