Honey and brown butter are a match made in heaven. Crunchy panko breadcrumbs act as mini croutons and cherry tomatoes give a tart burst in this flavorful salad that is sure to complement any main dish.More about Paul
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bowery Baby Romaine, 4.0 oz.
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, melt butter. Butter will foam up, then subside. Watch for brown specks on the bottom of the pan, and whisk every minute or so until butter begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and salt, toss to coat in butter. Toss every minute until breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer breadcrumbs into a bowl to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour honey vinaigrette over cherry tomatoes and Baby Romaine. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the salad.