Perfect for parties, this salad scales up easily and swaps traditional vinaigrette for a herbaceous, spicy Arugula-based salsa verde that can easily be made ahead of time. If serving a group, simply double the quantities.More about Rick
- 1 ½ cups Bowery Arugula, chopped
- 1/2 package Bowery Basil, leaves and stems, packed
- 6 tablespoons roasted salted pistachios
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brined capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more
- Bowery Arugula, 4.0 oz
- 1 Bosc, Bartlett or Anju pears, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- flakey sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Puree arugula, basil, pistachios, anchovies, capers, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in oil. Season with salt and pepper and adjust consistency with additional olive oil if necessary.
- Arrange arugula and pears on plates or a large platter. Dollop 3 tablespoons of ricotta on the plate and drizzle with salsa verde. Top with olive oil and sea salt.
- Do ahead: Salsa verde can be made 1 month ahead, store in an airtight container and freeze. Extra salsa verde can also be frozen for up to 1 month.