Oyster sauce is an umami-packed dressing made from—you guessed it—oysters. It adds unmatchable depth to a number of dishes, but we find it plays particularly well with earthy greens like bok choy.More about Rick
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Cook garlic and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until garlic is tender and fragrant, 1 minute. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Cook to meld flavors, about 1 minute.
- Do ahead: Sesame oyster sauce can be made 1 month ahead, store in an airtight container and freeze. Add 2 tablespoons water to thawed sauce and heat in a skillet before adding ingredients.