The French have perfected the art of the simple, flavorful side salad. Whether served on its own or as a foil to a rich main dish, this recipe is a great example of how a delicious vinaigrette, fresh herbs and crisp lettuce come together to create a dish that’s greater than the sum of its parts.More about Sue
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bowery Crispy Leaf, 4.0 oz
- 1 cup Bowery Basil, leaves only
- 1 cup Bowery Parsley, leaves only
- Combine shallots, vinegar, and sugar in a medium bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in dijon and whisk in olive oil in a stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss Crispy Leaf, basil, and parsley in a large bowl, add a few spoonfuls of dressing and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.