This dip sneaks in nuts and vegetables for a craveable, wholesome snack that feels indulgent without any of the guilt. When you soak the cashews the day before, the dip comes together quickly the next day.More about Rachelle
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup (or one small) shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain alt-milk
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper
- Bowery Arugula, 4.0 oz
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, dried, and chopped
- optional toppings: crushed veggie chips, red pepper flakes, fresh green herbs, crudités, vegetable chips or spoons for serving
- Soak cashews overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Drain cashews, preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and shallot. Sauté for about 5 minutes until golden brown and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, add drained cashews, half of the sautéed garlic and shallot, alt-milk, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and pepper, and blend into a creamy purée. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- In the skillet with the remaining shallot and garlic, add finely-chopped arugula and drained artichokes. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, to wilt greens.
- Turn heat off and add all of the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a small baking dish and bake for about 5-8 minutes or until the dip is hot enough to serve.
- Optional: Sprinkle with toppings and serve with assorted vegetables, vegetable chips, or spoons.