Mustard Frills are hearty, peppery, packed with flavor, and pair with the richness of caramelized onion and crushed walnuts. This salad is a great addition to your favorite protein, or on top of toasted bread as an open faced sandwich.More about Paul
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, crushed into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut oil or olive oil
- 2 Bowery Mustard Frills containers, 1.5 oz.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and kosher salt. Cook, stirring and scraping every few minutes until onions have caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer onions into a mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl, add crushed walnuts, apple cider vinegar, mustard, chives and walnut oil. Mix well and season with salt to taste. Spoon walnut relish over Mustard Frills.