Versatile Creamy Basil Cashew Dressing comes to play in this flavor packed salad: tender Baby Butter Lettuce is the perfect blanket for the hearty garlic croutons and crisp shaved carrots.More about Paul
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 slices of country sourdough bread, diced into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bowery Baby Butter, 4.0 oz.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shaved into ribbons, kept in ice water
- 1/2 cup Creamy Bowery Basil Cashew Dressing (see recipe)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat. When the garlic begins to sizzle, add cubed bread, season with salt, toss to coat in oil, and arrange in a single layer. Toss the bread every minute or so until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer toasted bread onto a plate to cool. Discard the garlic.
- Top baby butter lettuce with shaved carrots and garlic croutons. Coat the salad with Creamy Bowery Basil Cashew Dressing (see related recipes for link below).