Lettuce cups are a great meal for a crowd with a variety of preferences—as long as everyone agrees on a base, toppings can be added to taste. Baby romaine is the perfect lettuce for cups, providing a sturdy crisp base and a cooling crunch that can stand up to spice.More about Sue
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thick outer stem removed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 jalapeño, grated
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Bowery Baby Romaine, 4.0 oz
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Bowery Cilantro, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- Slice shrimp two pieces each along the back of shrimp. Transfer to a large bowl and add lemongrass, garlic, jalapeño, sugar, and fish sauce; toss to combine. Let marinate 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Serve shrimp with Bowery Baby Romaine, carrot, celery, cucumber, scallion, cilantro, and limes.