Traditionally made with a variety of herbs, Bowery Arugula adds a touch of spice to this modern take on salsa verde. The bright flavors make it the perfect accompaniment to salads with creamy cheeses like ricotta, or rich mains such as swordfish.More about Rick
- 1 ½ cups Bowery Arugula, chopped
- 1/2 package Bowery Basil, leaves and stems, packed
- 6 tablespoons roasted salted pistachios
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brined capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more
- Puree arugula, basil, pistachios, anchovy, capers, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in oil. Season with salt and pepper and adjust consistency with additional olive oil if necessary.
- Do ahead: Salsa verde can be made 1 month ahead, store in an airtight container and freeze.